03 June 2007

Catch up time from the beginning



It started with me boarding the plane from LA and on my way to Nari ta airport. I got to the airport and then found my way to the pickup location which just happen to be in the other terminal. Once I got to the base a guy was nice enough to point out where I needed to go but I still had to hump all my bags but no one would help me even though I was struggling with two heavy sea bags. Then I got to my temp room to find a shipmate who took me out to eat and get situated. We hung out for a while but he had to pick up his family.

Well I reported to the ship on a Friday and had the weekend off so my new friend and I went out that weekend. During the next week I had orientation class and cultural awareness class. So on Thursday I went on field trip to see the Great Buddha. I ran into several guys in my class, so we ate lunch at this place that had steamed fish and tempura fish with their heads on. I loved them and my travel mates were freaked.

No comments: