19 December 2007

Christmas Cards

So my crazy wife thinks I want Christmas Cards for gifts, not really I just didn't want any real gifts. It is really nice to have the cards though so thank you for those who sent them.

The cards are what is making me write what I am. We were talking about scarifice in transition class last week. A lot of people are greatful for what we do in the service and it is great but for some of us, like me it is nothing really special. I think back to when I was first in and I barely got any sleep because I worked on the reactor plant on nuke subs and now I get some more. The things I do don't really seem that big of a deal becuase it is just part of the job. I guess I am that type of person who really doesn't think about what is really going around, like the people who aren't that affected by the bullets whizing by. It sounds crazy but you just become Comfortly Numb.

Yes I love the Pink.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I know what you mean about the sacrifice part of the Navy deal. I think about the wives in Oceanside, waiting for their husbands to come home from a year in Iraq and it feels so pathetic for me to be whining about your being there for two years. Then someone comes along and reminds me that my husband is gone for two years (only 18 more months) and I remember that what we are doing is, in and of itself, a sacrifice, too, and a not-insignificant one, either.

And who is this crazy wife you speak of, Sailor Man???