22 September 2007

Life Underway

Well we finally got our internet and e-mail back up because our satellite was down. Oh yes life is truly joyous underway. You don't sleep and you are constantly moving between briefs and training and you can't get any of your work done till late at night.

I have been pulled back into Engineering, it is Michael Carlone in the Godfather III. I try to escape but I can't, I have been placed on ETT(Engineering Training Team). Oh the wonderful times I will have again. Hot and loud spaces for several hours at a time. I also have to worry about DCTT( Damage Control Training Team) which is the fire fighters onboard. Most people don't carry two training teams but since I don't work, I get to do them both. It is easy to find time to catch up on work when you don't stand watch, oh yes go to bed around midnight or 1 am to rise sometime around sunrise. For those of you who don't know why Japan is called the land of rising sun, sunset is at 0530 right now and was 0430 during the height of summer.

We also keep rocking back and forth because of where we were going but now it is not so bad. So less people are sea sick which is good. For an salty dog like me it is good to rock back and forth because I can sleep better.

I am off to work some more and try to keep with my old pace of doing the job of four people and getting credit for being a dirt bag because I didn't get my warfare device but I took care of the sailors. FYI I am almost done with my requal on my normal warfare qual.

No comments: