07 July 2007

What a day

I started off my day by doing laundry and calling everyone that I love. Well of course everyone that I love knew I was doing laundry because that is all I ever do and if you only had 6 days worth of regular clothes you would too. So little much storage room and I have to keep uniforms also.

When I was taking care of an errand this morning I ran into a old shipmate that I saw the other day but wasn't sure. Well actually I ran into on of them yesterday too but that is yesterdays news. So we chatted a bit and he is doing well.

So I met up with a guy who knows the old man who relieved me in Camp Pendleton and we went out for Sushi. Then up the stairs to buy my new Japanese bike so I can look silly since I am 6'1" and that is a giant in Japanese standards. The bike was relativity inexpensive that makes it better.

I go to the exchange to check out the bike speed and how fast I can get their instead of walking. When I get into the exchange who do I see but another old shipmate, this place must be crawling with old Bridge buddies. So we talk and caught up with everyone, nothing to exciting except that one of the guys who used to work for me died of a drug overdose. I hate to say this but I am not surprised, very smart guy but not too bright.

Then off to the Bowling Alley I go, just to check it out. Well it is Saturday night so I get there for the start of Cosmic Bowling and who do I run into? Another Bridge Buddy, who I thought I saw the other day. How many more can there be? Who knows but I will let you know when I find them.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Are you calling Robert an "old man"??? He can't be any older than me, so just watch the oldster comments, Mr. Spring Chicken!!!

xxxooo
Your Wife

p.s. I think I have more than six days worth of your clothes over here...how did that happen???